Salmon Poke Bowl
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g smoked salmon
- ½ cup edamame
- 1 avocado, sliced lengthwise
- 4 red radishes, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced lengthwise and rolled up
- 1 large red chilli, chopped
- 2 tsp black and white sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place the quinoa in a bowl, cover with warm water, and rinse well. Drain with a colander.
- Boil water in a saucepan and add the quinoa and salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes until the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Divide the quinoa into two bowls, top with vegetables, smoked salmon, and sesame seeds.
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a bowl and drizzle over the top to serve.
Aloo Palak — Spinach and Potato Curry
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 3 tbsp butter (or ghee)
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 500g yellow potatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 350g fresh spinach, finely chopped
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes into a large pot of salted water, bring to the boil and cook until tender —around 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and return to the pot.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and then fry the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, garam masala, and turmeric to the skillet and toast for around one minute.
- Add spinach and water to the skillet and cook spinach until soft and water has evaporated.
- Add coconut milk and potatoes to the skillet, gently stirring to bring coconut milk to a simmer.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide into bowls and serve with roti.
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk)
- 2 frozen bananas
- ¾ cup frozen berries
- 1 tbsp acai powder
- Desired toppings
- Blend milk, bananas, frozen berries, and acai powder until smooth.
- Spoon into two bowls and line with chopped mango, chia seeds, blueberries, crushed almonds, coconut flakes and granola on top (or desired toppings).