Australia's most expensive beaches
If you're thinking of hitching up the camper and heading to the beach for a cheap beachfront holiday, think again - or at least look at this list before you go!
It’s certainly one of Australia’s most popular and best-known beaches so it probably comes as no surprise to learn that Sydney’s Bondi Beach has also been named Australia Most Expensive Beach.
A survey by package holiday company TravelBird has created a beach price index for 250 of the world’s most popular beaches, calculating the cost of a day spent by the sea in each location.
The price index was determined by the average cost of sunscreen, a bottle of water, a beer, ice-cream and lunch.
Bondi ranked in position 19 overall but as the most expensive in Australia with a daily average cost of $58.32(€39.51/US$44.62) for a day.
Filling out the top 10 most expensive beaches in Australia are:
3. Manly Beach, Sydney $55.90 (€37.87/$42.77)
4. Mandalay Beach, Walpole $55.85 (€37.84/$42.75)
5. Mindil Beach, Darwin $55.68 (€37.72/$42.59)
6. The Basin, Rottnest Island $55.50 (€37.60/$42.45)
7. 75 Mile Beach, Fraser Island $54.92 (€37.21//$42.02)
8. Cottesloe Beach, Perth $54.82 (€37.14/$41.94)
9. Palm Cove, Queensland $54.66 (€37.03/$41.81)
10. Blinky Beach on Lord Howe Island ranked as the least expensive beach in Australia and 46th place overall at $54.29 (€36.78/$41.53).
But if you think we have it bad, spare a thought for international sun lovers, who are hit up to $78/day to relax at the world’s most expensive beach in Tahiti.
The 10 most expensive beaches around the world are:
1. La Plage de Maui, Tahiti (French Polynesia)
2. Mareto Plage Publique, Moorea (French Polynesia)
3. Vata, Noumea (New Caledonia)
4. Anse Georgette, Praslin (Seychelles)
5. Anse Soleil Beach (Seychelles)
6. Beau Vallon, Mahe (Seychelles)
7. Poe Beach (Seychelles)
8. Nishihama Beach, Okinawa (Japan)
9. Yonaha Maehama Beach, Okinawa (Japan)
10. Main Beach, East Hampton, New York (USA)
For a cheaper trip to the beach, check out our Top 4 Budget Camping Spots in Queensland.