Testing and adjudication for Camper magazine’s signature REDARC Camper Trailer of the Year 2020 event took place in the Gold Coast hinterland between November 20 and 27, 2019. Now, the results are in.
As always, the four judges selected for REDARC Camper Trailer of the Year 2020 were assigned their roles due to their specialised knowledge and well-earned reputations as experts in remote area offroad touring and camping. The judges this year were Kath Heiman, Scott Heiman, Tim van Duyl and David Cook.
Each of the thirteen finalists were subjected to a rigorous four-day testing program and then awarded a score out of ten in each of the following categories:
- Fit for intended purpose
- Quality of finish
- Build quality
- Offroad ability
- Ease of use
- Value for money
The final REDARC Camper Trailer of the Year 2020 results are as follows:
- Winner in the under $25K category: Marlin Escape Deluxe
- Winner in the Hybrid category: Jawa Sirocco
- Winner in the $25-50K category: Bushwakka Bhoma
- Winner in the over $50K category: Patriot X3
- Winner in the slide-on category: Wedgetail
Additional awards this year are:
- Most Innovative: Zone RV Z-12.0 Expedition Series
- Most Self Sufficient: Austrack Tanami X13
- Best Build Quality: Patriot X3
- Most Comfortable: Ultimate GT 360 and Wedgetail WTC Slide-on
- Best Value for Money: Marlin Escape Deluxe
- X-factor Award: Patriot X3
- Most Family Friendly: Swag Raptor X13 Explorer
The team from Camper and Emprise Group would like to thank all finalists. It was a highly competitive year, with a diverse array of industry-leading camper trailers on test. The quality of the camper trailers present testified to the hard work industry professionals are putting into their product, and augurs well for the future of camping in Australia.
We would also like to thank this year’s sponsors — REDARC, OutdoorX, Hema Maps and Credit One Finance — and to acknowledge and thank the teams at both BIG4 Gold Coast Holiday Park and the Intercontinental Sanctuary Cove for all their assistance in helping us put together yet another fantastic event.
All editorial write-ups, reviews, and images will be published in the January and February 2020 print issues of Camper. The January edition goes on sale from 30 January 2020, the February addition soon after on February 20. Content including videos will also go out across all platforms including this website, YouTube and social media within the next few weeks. Subscribe to our email newsletter or pick up the print magazines to read the in-depth reviews as soon as they're available.