Cheesy Potato Packets
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 500g Desiree potatoes cut into 3cm thick wedges
- 4 sliced spring onions sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Toss potatoes with spring onions, oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together in a large bowl.
- Cut four pieces of aluminium foil into large squares. Coat one piece with cooking oil spray and add half the potatoes to the middle of the foil and enclose like a package. Place the seam side down on a second piece of foil and enclose again. Repeat with the remaining foil and potato mix.
- Cook the packets over hot coals until potatoes are tender, around 25 minutes.
- Carefully open the packets, sprinkle with cheese and return to the heat until the cheese is melted.
Spicy Beef Kebabs
TOTAL TIME: 2.5 hours
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500g sirloin steak cut into chunks
- 16 button mushrooms
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small capsicum cut into 16 pieces
- 2cm chunks of red onion
- Whisk sugar, water, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, and oil together in a bowl.
- Skewer beef, mushrooms, tomatoes, capsicum and onion on 8 metal or wooden skewers. This is an easy job for the kids!
- Place the kebabs in a baking dish and cover with the marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the kebabs from the baking dish and discard excess marinade. Grill the kebabs over a campfire for around 15 minutes and serve.
Campfire Banana Boat
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
- 6 bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Aluminium foil
- Cut a slit in each banana but not all the way through.
- Fill with chocolate chips and marshmallows. Seal up the banana by covering with aluminium foil.
- Place foil-wrapped bananas on a bed of hot coals for around 8 minutes, rotating on both sides.
- Remove from the fire — ensuring kids are well away from the coals — and let cool for a few minutes prior to serving.